2019 Husqvarna Motorcycles TC 85 17/14
Call for Price
The 85cc class bridges the gap between the junior ranks and full-sized motocross, taking emerging riders one step closer to the big leagues. As such, the advanced hardware featured on the larger Husqvarna range is found on the TC 85. Featuring the latests engine and chassis technology, the TC 85 ensures young riders have the confidence to push harder, while maintaining maximum composure on track.
- WP AER 43: Much like the forks on the larger MX range, the WP AER 43 consists of a split fork design using a capsulated air spring in the left leg and the trusted oil damping system in the right leg. These components offer remarkable suspension performance with 280 mm wheel travel.
- FRAME: Crafted to provide precise feedback to young riders, the Chromium Molybdenum steel frame is made using advanced robot welding and hydroformed tubes.
- WP Xplor rear shock: The WP XPlore PDS shock absorber is fitted to the TC 85. PDS meaning "progressive damping system" allows the rear end to stay stable over smaller bumps or rough terrain while also soaking up bigger hits with ease.
- Subframe: Made from lightweight aluminium, the subframe features a short and compact profile. The profile not only contributes to the overall low weight but also improves mass centralisation.
- Airbox: The TWIN AIR filter can be easily accessed without tools, by simply removing the left side panel for quick maintenance. The airbox design allows optimum airflow and maximum filter protection.
- Cooling: The TC 85 features radiators designed with computational fluid dynamics to ensure the ideal passage of air through the cooling fins for optimum engine temperature and the highest performance.
- Swingarm: The swingarm is manufactured from a single piece of aluminium using a gravity die-cast production process. This gives the swingarm exceptional strength while keeping the weight to a minimum. Chain adjustment markings are also visible from above to make for quicker, simpler adjustment.
- Exhaust: The exhaust system on the TC 85 is perfectly suited to the power characteristics of the engine and contributes to the outstanding performance and rideability all round. Additionally, the short and lightweight silencer improves mass centralisation while keeping noise levels to a minimum.
- Engine: Using the latest 2-stroke technology, the TC 85 motor delivers unrivalled performance in the competitive 85cc class. With a lively but controllable power delivery, the motor delivers unrivalled performance and rideability across the RPM range.
- Cylinder: The cyliner is designed around an innovative power valve system, the system controls both the exhaust valve and the sub-exhaust port for impressive power, torque and controllability. As a result, the TC 85 delivers significant mid-range performance, reducing the need to use the clutch in loamy or sandy conditions.
- Crankcase: Manufactured using a high pressure die-cast production process, the crankcases are designed with thinner wall thickness to save weight, while retaining strength and durability. This design also aids in a more compact arrangement, positioning the shaft arrangements closer to the centre of gravity for improved handling.
- Clutch: The TC 85 features a diaphragm spring clutch. The design is lightweight, compact and benefits from added durability. The clutch is actuated using a FORMULA hydraulic system, meaning that play is always compensated for and the clutch point remains the same under different conditions as well as over time.
- Wheels: Black EXCEL rims and CNC-machined hubs are fitted with MAXXIS tyres that deliver outstanding performance on a wide variety of terrain.
- ODI lock-on grips: The TC 85 is fitted with high quality ODI lock on grips as standard. The system includes a vulcanised grip on the throttle grip while the lock-on grip on the left does not require any glue or wire to secure it to the handlebar.
- Bodywork: The TC 85 features bodywork scaled to precisely fit the proportions of an 85 rider. The contact points and feeling deliver exceptional ergonomics, instilling confidence while also leaving room for free and unrestricted movement.
- Brakes: A FORMULA four piston brake calliper and 240 mm wave disc up front, and a two-piston calliper and 210 mm wave disc at the rear ensure powerful and confident braking.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 84.9 cm³
- Stroke: 40 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Formula hydraulics
- EMS: MEDJ digital
- Frame design: Chrome-molybdenum steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 43, Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension: WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Front brake: Formula disc brakes
- Rear brake: Formula disc brakes
- Front brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 210 mm
- Chain: 428
- Steering head angle: 66 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 84.9 cm³
- Fuel System
- MEDJ digital
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 43, Ø 43 mm
- Front Brakes
- Formula disc brakes
- Rear Suspension
- WP Xplor PDS shock absorber
- Rear Brakes
- Formula disc brakes
- Final Drive
- Chain: 428